Reputation Translating To Website Visibility
In today’s competitive market, attracting consumer’s attention is the key to the success of any business. You might sell products or might offer the services you are gauged through your online presence. The easiest way to get what one wants is to search for it on the Internet. Google, Bing or yahoo, they are the most trusted “Gurus”. The belief that search engines are unbiased, their search is complete and that they do not have preferences when returning responses to our queries is the basic reason why we use them for all our requirements. But, what does this mean to those who need to market their products online and capture the attention of potential clients before a competitor would? It translates to winning the race but without damaging one’s reputation.
Reputation Management – A Challenge
Managing one’s reputation is very difficult in a highly competitive, volatile online environment. A reputation management company however, does this for its business clients by ensuring their websites get priority when a related keyword is typed into a search engine. Number of website visits translates into more market coverage. But, making a site appear on top of the search results is not an easy task. Reputation management specialists in order to achieve this ethically, adopt several methods.
White Hat Or Black Hat What’s Your Choice?
- Previously site managers used to create link farms where several websites with the same keywords would be interlinked.
- Only one of them is the real search result others are simply cross-references that lead to the same source.
- This would create an image to the search engine that the specific search result could be the accurate one but it may or may not be so.
- Similarly, false or paid good reviews and blogs are also few methods used sometimes to increase a website’s reputation.
- Reputation managers cannot adopt just any method and they usually make use of ethical white hat practices that are allowed by a specific search engine.
- These rules may vary for different search engines too.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Seo is nothing but modifying a website’s visibility when its related keyword is typed in a search engine. Web site managers are constantly under pressure to improve their visibility. So, they tend to use all white hats or black hat means to achieve this. But, sophisticated search engines like Google keep a check on this. These search engines keep on changing their standards and their algorithms are modified frequently to offer personalized search results to users. Which means, the top search results received by each user is unique to his or her preferences?
So, website owners have to optimize their sites and keywords to the search engine and in turn to the specific user’s requirement. Optimization is thus a technique used to make search responses more accurate to the user’s query. Only a properly designed, customized site can attract more views. Keyword specificity of your sites, optimized to the user’s preferences rather than the ever-changing search engine’s preferences is the key to your reputation and success.
The strategies discussed here on SEO are a reflection of my considerable expertise in this subject matter. Indeed, backlink building activities is at the core of SEO tools and that is how one can increase their page ranking and exposure.