You can learn techniques for anger management, regardless of the origin of it. Admitting the fact that your anger is out of control is essential to tackle the problem. Excessive anger can be caused by health problems, family issues, alcohol and drug abuse, financial despair, fear or extreme stress and spiritual emptiness. Uncontrolled anger can result in additional problems for your life. But you can control your anger! Controlling your anger is a choice you can make.
Anger Management – Effects
Uncontrolled anger is emotional and physical effects long term in our body.
Anger causes damage, increases the secretion of adrenaline, high blood pressure and increases heart rate, probably causing heart attacks and strokes.
Anger creates intense guilt, feeling s of failure, depression, constant agitation, anger, violent and possibly suicide.
Anger Management – Options
Anger is a strong emotion. Uncontrolled anger is a pattern of life. It is not easy to overcome anger, it requires a certain commitment. It requires honesty, courage and incredible inner strength. It also requires help from others.
To overcome anger, these steps are important:
- Consciously determined to be calm.
- Do not react, think!
- Remember your goals and respond appropriately.
- Choose to stay calm!
If someone bothers you, Leave it to know. Talk quietly with the person about how you feel in reference to his words and actions. Learn to express yourself better, with clarity and composure.
Remove yourself from the scene until you can respond without anger:
You will not have success overnight. Take one step at a time, one day at a time. Remember to relax. Relaxation exercises or music may be helpful. Keep in mind that you can go to someone you trust for help.
Often takes time for you:
Do something you enjoy, like walking in the park, swimming, read books, watching a good movie and relaxed. Do something nice for someone you admire. It’s okay to feel good about yourself.
Look at the bright side:
Do not sink into the negative. “Do not drown in a glass of water.” Learn to forgive. It is difficult, but we need to start by learning to forgive ourselves.
Quotes on Anger:
- For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind. -Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- The strong is not the one who over comes the people by his strength. But the strong is the one who controls him while in anger. -Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)
- If you kick a stone in anger, you’ll hurt your own foot. -Korean Proverb
- Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools. -Albert Einstein
Quotes on Self Control
- Self control is the rejection of anger, intolerance and impulsiveness.
- Whoever is able to rise above anger, gets closer to inner peace.
- Self control ultimately leads to detachment and peace of mind.
- Who controls who? It is the Spirit controlling the lower
- Discipline is the rejection of instant gratification in favor of something better and higher.
- Controlling the lower nature is of great importance to anyone desiring to have good relationships.
- Letting anger and impatience run riot create trouble, unpleasant situations and the loss of friends.
- You don’t control negative habits with force. You do so by developing new, good habits.
- Transform your negative habits into positive ones, through affirmations, visualization and positive behavior.
- Impatience leads to regret and unhappiness.
- Patience and perseverance lead to success and achieving your goals.
- Self control saves you of mistakes, embarrassment and loss.
Most people who are angry do things that are unimaginable. They scream at everyone around them, say things they don’t mean it, and then regret it afterwards. The regret leads to shame and then eventually being unable to forgive oneself. If you find yourself embarrassed by your behavior after you have had time to cool-off, then this is a sign your anger is out of control. So follow all the tips above and keep yourself out of embarrassment. As of always, please share this article with anyone that you think has anger problem. Be calm and live a happy life.
Disclosure of Material Connection:
Please share this post!
I would really appreciate it, if you can please take a second to share this article with your social networking connections and subscribe to my mailing-list and never miss any of my article ever again. Thank you very much :)
|© Alex Shaikh Dot Com | All Right Reserved
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
My Network Connections: Facebook | Linkedin | Google+ | This website designed and developed by Alex Technologies Group